Milk.......

I have read on here a few different times about how moms never have given their child a glass of milk. I am talking milf from the jug. Why is this? I am just courious, no judging!!

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 2:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not sure I can comment - we go thru about a gallon a day at my house! (If you worrry about every possible chemical that is in our food supply- you will starve to death!) Enjoy life! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I give my daughter milk whenever she asks for it. She has asked maybe twice this year. Kids don't need milk, you can get calcium from cheese and yogurt, and Vitamin D from going outside.

Humans are the only animal on earth that feeds milk after the baby is weaned. I give my daughter plenty of water... it is what she needs most when she is thirsty.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know the child i watch his mom doesn't give him any milk or anything like yogurt and stuff (b/c he don't like milk)

My neice we couldn't get her to drink it at first then the doc told us to only give her milk nothing else for a week and then she would like it for 3 days she didn't drink a thing NOTHING (he said not to even give her water) guess what now she LOVES milk.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• good answer Mommy2Gabrielle. . . Also if people are concerned about chemicals you can get raw or organic. . . just a thought
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Humans don't need milk from other animals and it is harmful. Formula was invented from cow's milk to keep babies alive until they could get by on other food. It is normal for humans to start loosing their ability to digest lactose (milk sugar) around 3 and then by late weaning age 7 be pretty much lactose intollerant. Long ago people in Europe needed to drink milk during times of food shortage. The people that could digest lactose better survived. People from European backgrounds may be able to drink milk. That's why there are more black and Asian people that are lactose intollerant. It is normal to be lactose intollerant.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Cow's milk causes digestive problems, constipation, obesity, and other problems. Cows are bad for the environment. If you are going to give your child milk then only 2 child sized servings a day are recommended. Kids like milk products and food with milk in it and can easily get 2 servings without drinking milk. The like cheese, yogurt, ice cream, pudding, mac n cheese, ect. Kefir may be the best milk product. It is a yogurt like drink that has lot of health benefits and can be consumed by people with lactose intollerance. You can make it at home.

If you want to be grossed out by milk go to http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Its the hormones they put in it. Buy it from Walmart as they have promised to never sell milk with the bad chemicals in it. Humans may not need milk but we DO need the calcium and vitamin D in it for strong healthy bones and growth. Would you put OJ on your cereal? No! Have cookies with juice instead of milk? NO! Milk, it DOES a Body GOOD!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The like cheese, yogurt, ice cream, pudding, mac n cheese

Aren't these made by milk? So if you say milk is so bad then aren't these bad as well?

I take mine from the jug and my 2 kids get 3 glasses each a day and they are healthy and dont have obesity, no health problems that so called milk causes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We drink lots of milk in our family I think it's the same with all the other subjects on this site if they don't like it then they will say not to do so. Just because some people say not to do this or do, do that I think you have to decide for yourself is it's best for you and your family
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Because humans don't NEED cows milk. You can get calcium and vitamin D in vegetables. Cows milk is hard to digest and our stomachs weren't made to handle it. You can use soy milk, rice milk or almond milk instead. People give TOO much milk already the max a kid needs is 16 ounces and that is including yogurt, cheese and other dairy. I agree with Gailll.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010