Do you have any scars? I mean ones that hurt if you hit them or bump them?

When I was younger my Grandmother ran over my ankle area..... There were no broken bones but I had received a serious case of rode rash or burn. There is a scar on the inside of my ankle and heal. I bumped it yesterday and boy dose it hurt actually whenever I bump it it hurts terribly have you ever experienced this?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• I have a scar on my chest from an implantable cardiac device. It was in for about two years, and then removed when the battery died.
    (I had heart surgery shortly after, so I didn't need to have it replaced)
    It frequently hurts! Especially if one of the kids sticks a little bony elbow in there! Scar tissue is harder than skin tissue. So when it gets bumped it puts pressure on whatever is underneith, which can cause pain. (Basically, doesn't have the same 'give' that skin does)
    jsikapv

Answer by jsikapv at 8:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Whenever someone puts pressure on my c-section scar it hurts. You probably tore some of the tissue when that happened and you have tissue scarring. When thats bumped/hit it can hurt.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't personally, but DH has a scar on his backside (top of the thigh where it meets his butt, that crease right there) from sitting on a glass as a child. It doesn't necessarily hurt if you touch it, but he can't keep his wallet in his pocket for too long while he's driving, the actual scar gets sore when we drive long distances. But it's on one of the fattest parts of the body, so it might have been worse if the scar tissue were somewhere with less fat.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It might be a keloid developing which is a growth under the scar tissue, have your dr look at it, it might be something that has been aggrevated by growing. Or it might have something to do with your achylles tendon. Or possibly even a heal spur. (sorry if my spelling is all kinds of funky I'm a little tired and can't think straight)
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010