Moms, can I get your opinion on something please?

I am creating a website directory of all the children's businesses in my area. A mom (or parent/guardian) would be able to go on my website, look under the category, say for example daycares, and find a list of daycares in the area along with the address, telephone number, and some would have more details like a link to the companies website, detailed information, etc. My problem that I am having is the background of my webpage. I don't want it white and boring, but I also don't want it too busy or loud either. I have a logo as well (which I will post below), so I don't want it to clash with the logo. Can you give me some ideas on what colors you would like to see on a website like this? Would you want a design like a child's drawing in the background or would you want solid colors? Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Okay, I can't get paste my logo on here for some reason, but it has red, blue, and green splattered paint with white handprints in the middle.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would like pastels.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I love solids with combinations of black and white. :-). Like a black framed picture with details in black - white background and your logo. With red, blue and green I think it won't look boring in black and white. Just add some extra focal points and or borders. I think this will make your logo stand out and not compete for attention...... Great idea, Have fun !!!

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'd go with a lighter version of the logo, repeated - maybe bigger, but lighter colors, more faded, whatever.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• lightbulbkids drawing sounds real cute! good idea b y the way!!!

rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 2:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thank you so much ladies! I think I have the background I want now.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010