Why do so many people ask questions Anonymously?

or give answers anonymously?

Asked by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because they are chicken shits! lol

Its stupid.. people mostly do it when they ask a rude question or give a rude answer.. but I have been seeing it more & more them answering anon for no reason.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why do you worry so much about what someone else does? I mean seriously ,this question is asked at least twice a day. If you have such an issue don't go to questions asked anon and ignore answers posted anon. Not that it is anyones business but my own..I post anon so my ex can't google my screenname anymore and find out what I'm saying or doing.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Because they are chicken shit

I rarely answer Anon. I did recently but only because it was a very personal sensitive conversation and I was sharing info about myself that even my best friends don't know.

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It's outside their comfort zone....even though we don't know them anyway. I say who cares either way as long as the questions/answers aren't rude.

Answer by CABlonde at 2:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Because they want to. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with all the drama posting with my name entails. Sorry, but if you don't like it find a site that doesn't allow it.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• A) TO avoid being PMed when your answer is against the main stream
    B) TO avoid sharing personal information for all the world to read
    C) TO avoid friends who are also on CM from reading questions someone may have about something they have done or said or about how they feel about them
    D) Because bashing is less hurtful when it doesn't have your 'real' name attached to it

Did you know you can google some subjects and CM Questions come up? Q&A are not private. Anyone can read it. Anyone.

• What I don't understand ... Is why it is such a big deal to a majority of CM members as to whether or not people answer/post anon? What difference does it make if someone posts their S/N or goes anon? Does the question or the post change in some signifigant manner if they post anon or not? Seriously, this questioning about the anon business is getting old. It makes absolutely no difference. Let it go.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Many questions maybe way off into the deep end and the poster doesn't want her avatar to be remembered when asking another odd-ball question

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Maureen--I see no problem with asking anon for a very personal question.. but just to be rude is dumb

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When I do it is so I can ask a question and for those people I know they don't answer for me they answer truthfully. . . and I don't answer anon so I dunno. . . I don't think it is just because they are chicken tho.

Answer by Kirs at 2:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010