Do you believe in the End of Days or Apocolypse?

Another question got me thinking about this so yeah i'm spinning off.

I just started thinking that the Bible talks about revelations it does seem like another scare tactic to get people to join their religion. I think every religious group has to use a scare tactic in order to get more people to follow them. It's something I learned in Sociology. Like Hitler for example. He used his strong beliefs to influence everyone else that the jews were bad. Well priests, pastors, evangelical personalities all use their strong beliefs to convert those with little or no resistence. Or, in other words, those who are weak and need someone to feed them bullshit.

That's just my opinion though. I think if the end of days was coming it would have come a long time ago. It seemed to me like WWII could have been the end of the world. Why didn't anything happen then?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Not really. I do think at some point there will be a collapse of the civilization, there always is. But I am not going to worry about it and I don't think God has anything to do with it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I won't be around to know either way, but, I don't think so. Whatever happens in the end of Earth's life will be natural imho... like the Sun going Red Giant or something like that.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• NO.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I do! I believe that the bible is God's truth and Revelation clearly depicts the end times! Its horrific and is coming, whether we choose to believe it or not!
    MmaMaMa1203

Answer by MmaMaMa1203 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think end of the world necessarily but end of the world as we know it. . . they world was a completely different place hundred and even thousands and millions of years ago. . . they earth its self has changed and formed new land masses. . . ice ages and such have changed the face of the earth. Now scientist and fanaticals say we are heading towards great heats that will wipe the face of the earth. . .The inhabitants of earth keep changing too and adapting to what comes next. . . What comes next I don't know. . . but I don't think it is of biblical proportions. . .;) JMHO
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes. I believe that natural causes will force the Earth to change. It already is. I don't think it has anything to do with God, however.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no. i believe Revelation is a metaphorical writing meant for people of that time, not a prediction of how the world will end. however, i do believe the world will end one day, but it wont be for a very very long time.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, but not much we can do to stop it. Hope that I'm wrong.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If it comes it will be because of man. It will have nothing to do with outside influences. It will be because we destroyed the earth and even that is slim chances. It has nothing to do with divine intervention. It was their explanation of hope back then which obviously it never happened
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• NO. I really don't.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010