Do you ever make your toddler clean up a mess he or she has made?

Do you feel like the cleaning products you use are safe enough to let them clean up their own messes? My daughter loves helping and that is why I am so thankful I am using safer, greener products that she can touch and not be affected!

MmaMaMa1203

Asked by MmaMaMa1203 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• i make him wipe it up and although my products are non toxic, I still don't want to take that chance of him getting it in his eyes or mouth yet.but he will pick up his toys and put them away or wipe up his spills
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I make them clean up what they can. If they spill something, they have to pick it up or wipe it up with a paper towel, but I don't make them use the cleaning chemicals. Just because they are considered non-toxic does not mean that they aren't harmful.  Even if we are right beside them, that does not mean that they won't spray themselves or eat some of it. I would rather not take the chances. They are still learning, even if they don't clean it all up by themselves.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have him do it with me. Some things he likes doing on his own. He is 23 mo and likes wiping up the table if he gets someting on the table.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010