What is your favorite shampoo? Would you use a chemical-free one if you could find one that worked?

What brand and what scent? Why do you love it? I love the smell not only of my hair but my daughters, and knowing that its chemical free shampoo that is being used eases my mind. I love the company I work for! :)

MmaMaMa1203

Asked by MmaMaMa1203 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• actually I love Baking Soda (No-POO) and either Apple Cider vinegar or Red Wine vinegar. I have used many different brands and 8 years ago switched to all organic. . . and still they didn't do justice for my hair. My hair looks amazing with BS and Vinegar! Rinsed well and you don't smell like salad. And my hair has never felt cleaner or healthier in my life! I LOVE IT!!!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Huh that is interesting. :) I use a shampoo that is natural and smells amazing too! :) I work for the company and get great prices.
    MmaMaMa1203

Comment by MmaMaMa1203 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Everything is made of chemicals, nothing is chemical free. I used to love Tom's Baby Shampoo and they stopped making it. I use Kiss My Face Orange You Glad soap with my grandson and I like the orange smell but it doesn't last. He and I have a lot of allergies and get eczema and it doesn't have propylene glycol and other chemicals that are common in products that I know I am allergic to.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There are a TON of salon shampoos that are chemical free. Just because you can't pronounce the ingredients doesn't meant they are chemicals.....Biolage, Sexy Healthy Hair, Miracle 10, Redken, Paul Mitchell, Surface, and so many more are guarranteed chem free and are affordable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Since my hair is very thin and fine, I am always trying to find a shampoo that will make it look thicker. No luck yet. But I am using Granier Fructis for length and strength right now.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Everything has chemicals we learned this in basic chem. right. . . the periodic table teaches us that everything is "Chemical" but in reference to "chemical free" products it is talking about free of harmful and unnatural chemicals. And there are many organic and natural products that fit this genre. . . I use BS and Vinegar (both natural and organic products. . . no harmful or such chemicals here). . . Just wanted to point that out. MHO!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There is absolutely no such thing as Chemical free.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hey Dragon lady! Try Paul Mitchell tea tree lemon sage thickening shamp and cond. They are like 10 bux a bottle and last forever. lol I think this was a ploy to sell something.....just my opinion! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I use Seanik solid shampoo from Lush.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I wasn't trying to sell anything. But I was curious what shampoos people like. And yes I meant free of harsh chemicals. Geez ladies, attack much?
    MmaMaMa1203

Comment by MmaMaMa1203 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010