Army Compassionate Reassignment?

Does anyone know if you can get a campassionate reassignment if it has to do with a dependants school? My child should be starting elementry school this year but cant because of the age cutt off but in the states he could. Would this be likely to get denyed if I asked to get my son home to start school instead of making him sit here for another year not in school? My husband is willing to find another unit with his rank's opening and all that, im just wondering if it would get blown off.

we have been at our duty station for 2 years and we still have another 1.5 left btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• It probably wouldnt be granted. Usually it has to be medical or something a bit more serious but you could always try. If it were me I would start homeschooling.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You would have to speak with the school
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably not going to happen. Compassionate assignment has nothing to do with your wanting your son to be in school a year earlier.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no harm in asking I always say...what about home schooling?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Compassionate reassignment is ONLY approved for medical, and eotional issues! I have lved this for 5 yers now, and it is almst impossibleto get it!I was 8 monthespregnant, and stil had to PCS. Sorry, but they will not approve you for that Go aead and ask, but guarantee they wont! That is for people who cant travel due to medical purposes!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010