I have been having...

high blood pressure for the last about three or four weeks. Im 27 wks along and today I have been having a really bad head ache dizzyness light headedness and just kinda feeling wierd. IDK if I should call my doctor or what. Any advice!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you have had high blood pressure and you are now feeling dizzy and light headed and not yourself, I would call your doctor. You know your body and if you don't feel right I would call. Your doctor will call you back and advise you as to what you should do. If he doesn't call you back, I would go to the ER, better to be safe then sorry.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• rude...
    high bp is not a thing to mess around with hun i had it it can he very dangerous, dont drive, and try to lay down and relax call ur doc in the morning... or if u get motion sick... call
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• call your dr right away!! persistent headaches and being lightheaded are the first signs of high bp!!! if it gets worse go the ER! early intervention "could " save you from having a preemie!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• speaking from experience!
    VictinaG

• anon, you don't have to be so rude. This is suppose to be blog for pregnant mother's wanting advise. Sometimes when your pregnant you think that you might be overreacting and you are afraid to call your doctor for every little thing.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• omg the nerve of people that first answer was so rude.......women are very sensitive when they are pregnant why would you respond if your going to act like an idiot this is a serious question and maybe she thinks she's over reacting so she wanted to get some advice before she called the dr...
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 12:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Call your doctor or midwife if you are having concerns, it is important.

There is a diet that is known to be really ! successful for helping stave off toxemia/pre e called The Brewer Diet. It's worth investigating if you have the interest. Good luck to you! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Call your doctor! Headaches associated with blood pressure are never a good sign. Same with the dizziness and lightheadedness.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008