Each child's name is special, How did you decide on your child/children's names?

My first son is Zachary Selwyn, His first name was the only name we agreed on, my husband was sitting at the computer and said what about Zachary, I said that's it :-D His middle name is the middle name of my husbands best friend in HS and his best friend's grandpa. His best friend Jesse was killed my DH sophomore year of HS and Jesse's grandpa "adopted" my DH as their grandson, so our first born has their name. My second son is Isaac Daniel. The name my husband sat at the computer again and suggested it I immediatly loved it. It is biblical and my grandfather (who helped raise me) middle name and my father's First name :-)

zakityzak

Asked by zakityzak at 2:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Baby Names

• My Daughter was named after my favorite Aunt.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Andrew Ryan
    Andrew is my grandfathers middle name, Ryan is my husbands name. I wanted to name him Andrew Dean (Dean is my dad's middle name) but neither my Dh or dad liked it haha. My dad said he never liked having Dean as a middle name, so it was veto'd
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We gave our son a strong name. Now he is a strong,tall young man!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Our choice for our childs name was biblical.
    dancer

• My oldest daughtrs name holds special meaning, her name is Trinity, see my husband and i were both adopted (NO WE AREN'T REALATED) so when we had our first child she is th 3rd person in our VERY OWN family tree, since both my husband i have no clue who any of our biological parents or relitives are.

Our 2nd dd, Ada was the only name we could agree on, but we gave her my middle name, and her an i have the same initials, so thats pretty cool too, didnt plan it that just worked out that way. :) AKH
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well...we didn't want our daughter to have the same name as someone we hated or we think is a bitch. So we went with Amelia because one, of Amelia Earhart and two it didn't remind us of an ex or someone we hated. And for Laura, I've just always loved the name. Plus they're both timeless names.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Michael after the archangel and my daughter' middle name came from a character in her Dad's book. He was the protector of the king. My son's middle name came from a Cabbage Patch Doll!
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Both my children are old family names
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 2:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My first is Nataleigh Marie, I just really loved the name. My mil middle name is Marie to, but I didnt know that until after I named her. My 2nd is Halie Joy. My df was listening to Eminems song and said he wanted the name, Joy is after my mother, Joyce. And my 3rd will be Maximus Ivan. Maximus because my df LOVES Gladiator, and wanted to name him Maximus Decimus Marillius, and Ivan is after his fathers middle name.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son name is James Dean White.I always like the name James who I give that as his first name.Now Dean comes from my grandfather who is my mom father and James great grandfather.He died in 1994 of lung cancer.My mom thought of that name so I used it as his middle name
    Firsttimemom252

Answer by Firsttimemom252 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010