Im trying not to poop when im delivering...

my last two labors i pooped when i was pushing. im pregnant again and I was just thinking is there a way I can try to avoid that this time around?

tatalalicious

Asked by tatalalicious at 12:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's so likely to happen, and the nurses are very used to it. Try not to stress about it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You could probably ask for a enema before delivering the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• lol it happens.. i did with the first and didnt even know it until i asked my DH.... on round 2 and we will see if it happens again... the nurses know its an embarssing thing they try to get the BM outa there b4 u notice u did it.. dont worry if u do it again... it happens to the best of us!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If you are going to be induced try only to eat a liquid diet and when your in labor don't eat. However, if it is going to happen it is going to happen. I know that it can be embarrassing, but it is often part of child birth.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• alot of people say to eat spicy food because it helps you go into labor... i would NOT do that, becauseeeee then youll probably crap LOL just an idea :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try pooping as soon as labor starts and before you go to the hospital.
    Babujai

Answer by Babujai at 12:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• What's the big deal? ;-) I mean, I appreciate modesty & everything... but now that you've been through this you already know that it's TOTALLY a normal part of birthing. The staff are VERY used to it, truly no one cares... Because bringing a baby into the world overshadows miniscule details like this. Many women poop, always have-- always will!     :-)

If you want to keep really hydrated and eat a pro-elimination diet, it might help you to get everything out more easily... But even with an enema or laxatives or anything, the baby pressing as he/she descends the birth canal will often force outward any little friends... So there isn't any way around that, definitely.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Don't stress over it. It happens. Most Dr.'s are discreet when this happens so I don't understand how you KNOW it happened before unless your docs were unprofessional.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My doctor made me get an enema. Nothing came out, at least as far as I know!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 2:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I had 3 babies and thank GOD i never did. but, i was so worried about it the first go round that it was on my mind ALL during the pushing. Then my ass wipe hubby says right in the middle of labor, Youre doing so good and you havent crapped yourself yet. LOL.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 2:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2008