Why do people set their profile to private?

I dont get it, who are they hiding from?

Esmrlda

Asked by Esmrlda at 3:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i guess so they can write what they want but still they can message them.. i didnt like people knowing where i lived or info about my kids so i didnt add the info until i had been here a bit.. i mean you dont have to show information or your groups your in or anything so i dont see what the deal is..maybe someone with a private profile will answer this and tell us the real deal..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it's the internet, there's lots of psychos out there to hide from!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have mine set to private sometimes. I rotate from private to not private actually. I do it because I have (some) people on here who really don't care for me but like to be nosy and see what's going on in my life anyway. I'm a private person who doesn't care for nosy people so this is a "deterant". They will have to come back CONSTANTLY to see if there's any new scoop on me. Make sense? It may be silly but it's what I like to do!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They're hiding from some of the nearly psychotic women on Cafemom, lol! Some women take this site way too seriously, and you never know how far they'll take it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They are hiding from the psychos, pedophiles, stalkers and all the other wackos out there, especially if they have pics of their kids on their profiles.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Some people on CM are crazy and so bored they act like it. You never know who you're dealing with. So some keep it private for that reason. Others don't want eveyrone looking at their profile maybe they put up a lot of stuff that is for only close friends and family. It's an option and some use it.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• People set their profiles to private for personal protection. Anybody can find out anything about you.
    soccerfanatic13

Answer by soccerfanatic13 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Privacy issues. Some people have dealt with stalkers on here and they feel more comfortable setting their profile to private. A few moms had pictures of their kids stolen off their profile. There are some psychotic people on here. Mine isn't private, though..

PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• All of the above reason., privacy, just like it says.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I set mines to private plus I am a private person and i feel like there are those who just want to be noisy.
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 7:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010