why are some of you members so rude!?

some of these answers are appalling! i cant believe how mean people are...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sometimes it does get ugly. Most everyone is writing for opinions, advice, or experiences.....and when it is outside of the political and religious topics, I think if you have nothing nice to say you shouldn't say it at all. Most women are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, confused, desperate and to be bashed for a choice they made with their child/children, doesn't help. I walked away from the computer last night after a person made a somewhat snide answer, then another was just downright nasty, while the rest of the answers were supportive. Yes you have to expect it on the internet but still......we all know where you are coming from.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You must be new :) its sad isn't it...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• LOL
    The truth is...I think there are just rude people all around us...we just never have the great opportunity to speak to each of them just in passing on the street...but on here...they ALL must stop by and give a peice of thier mind, whether it be a smile and a nod or the finger!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Since people can hide who they are on the internet they see nothing wrong with being rude. You will learn who to avoid and who to ignore.......normally it's the same people over and over.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• That's a really good question. I guess they HIDE behind the internet and feel safe telling people off. Most likely face to face they get all tongue tied. The cussing is not necessary either, but sometimes that's just how some people are, but the rude people I feel sometimes are just that RUDE.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I guess because this is not real to them and they can be rude? Who knows. Just ignore them!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I always try to be nice... I wouldn't want anyone calling me a Mean Old Wicked Witch....

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Because they don't have to face any consequences. If you say something to someones face there is more of a consequence then saying something to a stranger online.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I try to be nice, but sometimes, its really hard not to be nice.. I guess its because somethings being asked here are really annoying. But I really do try not to bash anyone.

People are rude because it makes them feel better about themselfs ( or would that be themselves?). Also for the same reason many are rude in real life, because they weren't taught how to treat a human the way they would want to be treated.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• "normally it's the same people over and over."

^^^ That ^^^
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010