John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not perish but have every lasting life.

What does that verse mean to u?
And please be nice thanks God bless u!!!!!!!!

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• For God (The Greatest Being) so (the greatest emphasis) loved (the greatest motive) the world (the greatest number) that He gave (the greatest act) His only (the greatest rarity) begotten Son (the greatest Gift) that whoever (the greatest invitation) believes in Him ( the greatest opportunity) should not perish (the greatest deliverance) but have everlasting life. ( the greatest posession)

Got this from Doug Batchelor and it explains it all!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• the ultimate sacrifice.... a child.... the ultimate promise of everlasting life, in exchange for your heart., and soul... willingly.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's a bible verse and like all bible verses it should be taken into context. :) Do you know that some translations such as the NRSV say "MAY have eternal life"?? Here is link to NRSV text: http://bible.oremus.org/?passage=John+3

John 3:16 (NRSV): For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• it's "ever lasting life" not every...i know probly a typo. it means that God loved the world and he robed himself in flesh and came down to earth to die for our sins. and whoever believes in him, will have eternal life. it means what it says. i don't, however, think that people should put a box around it and believe only that verse, and should read the whole Bible to get the true message of God, because there are other things in the Bible that matter. Just believing in Him doesn't matter, it's how you live your life and that you worship Him in spirit and in Truth. now tell me, what does this verse mean to you: (cont.)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Acts 2:38 "And Peter said unto them, Repent and be Baptised every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost". (and if you read the rest of the chapter, actually the rest of the book, you will see that the evidence of recieving the Holy Ghost is speaking in other tongues) obviously, to me, it's saying that believing in God isn't the only thing that you have to do in order to recieve the Holy Ghost and have eternal life.
    armywife43

• That God is not Jesus, because he gave HIS only begotten SON. That is a BIG sacrifice to give up your only child, for others to be able to live. I think that God deserves all the THANKS we can give him for doing that for us!!!! Would you be able to do such a passionate thing as that? That is what I call true Love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• In my opinion "may" makes more sense because Mathew 7:21 reads "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." (NIV text).

Which also make sense when you read PASS John 3:16 to verses 19-21 which talk about light and darkness and having deeds exposed, etc.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• John 10:30 " I am my Father are one" Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" John 14 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
    8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
    10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
    11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You do know that there is only 144,000 that are going to heaven dont you: They knew or know who they are; also, only Gdo and his son Jesus know who will be in heaven with Jesus to rule over the new earth? That is only a handful compaired to all that have inhibitaed the earht.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Would that be 144,000 from the New testament or 144,000 from the OLD and NEW testament??

If it included the Old Testament people then the number is even less... Elijah, Moses, Noah, Joseph, Abraham and Issac....among others I'm sure are there (in heaven)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2008