Do you let your teenager drink at parties?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• ummm no?!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh sure all the time!........uh no.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Welll all I can do is tell my daughters that that is not the right thing to do, but if they are anythig like me, they will sneak out of the house and do it anyway. So I can just hope they stay safe. I would NEVER let teenagers drink at my place though b/c god forbid the copscome and thats my ass gettin busted too.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, I do not let her. She can go out and tie one on when she is of drinking age.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When my kids were teens and living at home. they didn't drink and their friends didn't either. Now when they went to college,I am sure they did occasionally but they were really into sports and grades and healthy lifestyles so they rarely wanted to drink too much.
    . I would not have allowed them to drink in our home andtheir friends parent didn't either. But this was in the 1980's and the kids were from really good homes. Thank God.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Don't know yet---my boys are young. My hubby had parties at his house all the time and his parents would supply the alcohol and take keys. I like to think I would never do that, but at the same time--I just want my kids to be safe.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 3:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• my son is only four, however i do not believe in underage drinking. i would never buy alcohol for anyone underage. i would never allow that sort of thing in my house. and i would turn in my own son if he were doing that, he would get counseling and go bootcamp. when he's legal it's fine. i HATE drinking and driving and would turn him over my knee if i caught him doing that. it's a drug and should not be used wrongly or used in a bad situation.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• shes only 6..lol..so i dunno...but i really cant see myself having a problem with it..as longs as theyre not being stupid about it...but..of course its easy to say that now..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I prefer that they only drink at home. However, if they are going to be at a party with adults present and they are either staying the night or I am going to pick them up, I don't see it as a huge issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Mine are way too young for this to apply to me yet. But when they are teens, I will not be one of those parents who serve teens alcohol, and I will do my best to keep them from going to parties like that.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010