How do you reheat bacon so that it is still crispy?

RosePetalTears

Asked by RosePetalTears at 3:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Microwave
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Put it in the oven for a few minutes
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Frying pan.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Put a paper towel on a micro-safe plate, put the bacon on the towel, and cover with another towel. Since the bacon is already cooked, it only needs a few seconds. In my microwave oven it would take maybe 10 seconds.

Answer by Bmat at 3:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i tried microwaving it on a paper towel and did it for at least 55 secs and it still wasn't crispy! Does it matter that it was originally baked in the oven ?
    RosePetalTears

Comment by RosePetalTears (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've never been able to get it crispy in the microwave. Oven or skillet work better.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know what to say about microwaving then. It works for me. 55 seconds would burn the bacon in my microwave, it only takes 20 seconds to cook a thin slice. You could try a skillet as suggested above.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Some brands just won't recrisp that well, I have found. I noticed that most store brands' bacon isn't consistent in quality. Sometimes you'll get a good one and sometimes it's fatty and cooks away to nothing, sometimes it's grissly and chewy and won't crisp up. Even by comparing visually it's not always a given you are "picking a good package". The most consistently good brands I have found are Oscar Meyer and Jimmy Dean. The rest are a gamble, IMO.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• skillet, microwave or oven we never have any bacon left so I would try the skillet 1st
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we never have leftovers!! Maybe try frying them again?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010