Buying a new bed for my little one...

She is two, and still occasionally wets at night time. I want to get her a NICE full sized bed so I won't have to buy her another one until she goes off to college (or around age 18).

So, my question is, should I go ahead and get her a nice mattress, and just put a bed liner to keep it dry in case of an accident, or do you have something else to suggest?

Also, do you have any suggestions on what brand/style of bed to get or to not get?

Thannnks!!!

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The one that I got DD is a tempurpedic (sp) knock off. I got it at Sam's Club wholesale. I put a waterproof cover over it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• hmmm..., aren't you supposed to replace mattresses every ten years or so?...if it were me, i wouldn't get that nice of one right now,..like paying a ton of money for one...since kids spill, wet and not to mention jumping and so on...beds tend to take quiet a beating when kids are little. so i wouldn't put all my money on one mattress lasting for 16 years. good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh, and thought I would add, she has a convertible bed, so I'm only looking for a mattress/box spring, not the bed itself.
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It would be cheaper for you in the long run if you just got a nice mattress now and covered it with a bed protector / liner.

I'm not to sure on good styles but A lot of people have told me you should buy a semi firm mattress for children to support their backs
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Mom_to_kenzie, a lot of the temper mattresse I have looked at have a 20 year warrantee, so I'm not real concerned about that, but thanks for the suggestion!
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a convertible bed. When we got it we decided to keep it as a toddler bed until he has no more accidents or is too big for the bed. My son is almost 3 and is still very comfortable in his bed its the right size and height. When he wakes up he doesn't have a long way down to the ground in the morning. If waiting isn't something you are thinking about then I'd say get a good one. and definitely use a mattress cover.
    Andrea M.

Answer by Andrea M. at 7:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010