Why do Christians believe that Jesus is their LORD.

For me when I hear someone talking about their LORD i think they are talking about their GOD. For me I worship God and God alone. I dont pray to a human man, I pray to God. I dont pray in a humans name. I dont understand WHY you pray to this MAN. When it clearly states that you shall worship nothing other then GOD. ( paraphrasing)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The Trinity designates God as being three separate entities – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. If God is the Father and also the Son, He would then be the Father of Himself because He is His own Son. This is not exactly logical.

Christianity claims to be a monotheistic religion. Monotheism, however, has as its fundamental belief that God is One; the Christian doctrine of the Trinity – God being Three-in-One – is a form of polytheism. Christians don't revere just One God, they revere three.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Philippians 2:5-11 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus; Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't worship Jesus. Jesus is the path to God. He leads us to the Lord.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I can't explain it but you're not correct in thinking people pray to Jesus as in a human man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Jesus said "...The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord." (Mark 12:29) The concept of a Trinity of divine beings was not an idea put forth by Jesus. This doctrine, now subscribed to by Christians all over the world, is entirely man-made in origin. While Paul, the man who could rightfully be considered the true founder of Christianity, did formulate many of its doctrines, that of the Trinity was not among them. He did, however, lay the groundwork for such when he put forth the idea of Jesus being a "divine Son".

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've often wondered this to. But do to my own personal curiosity due to my beliefs.. lol

Here's why.. Christianity believes that Jesus was the son of God/God incarnate on earth.. However. They do not agree with the Hindu myths of God incarnating and coming to earth.. The only difference is that Christians believe it only happened this 1 time, with this 1 person. Hindus believe that it has happened many times through out the history of man, with many different persons, and it will happen even more times.

So.. I personally will enjoy any discourse on this subject, even if just as an observer. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The Holy Trinity is: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Think of it this way: H20- in liquid form its water, in solid form its ice and in vapor or gas form its steam-but no matter what its still H20. Those are the three states of matter and if you think about it- God can take different forms and still be God.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ask a bishop from a Christian church
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Jesus is GOD made man. They are one and the same.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 3:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I remeber being in Bible school and we had to come up with 30 different names for God.....it was pretty easy. They are all the same in one.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010