Cookin Ribs

So i decided to make some ribs this week. I keep hearing about people cooking them in the crock pot. How do you make yours? I was thinking about trying the crock pot. I see the ribs in stores thats is already marinating in bbq sauce would that work in the pot? I'm up for whatever answers. Not sure where I want to begin. :) Thanks

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 3:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would grill them.... JMO
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have two ways: one is to simmer them slowly in 2 cans of beer and 2 cans of coke (if you don't want to use beer, you can use broth, but the beer does add to the flavor and the alcohol cooks off.) then toss them on the BBQ or under the broiler with BBQ sauce until it caramelizes.

The other is to cut them up and toss them in the crockpot on low with a whole bottle of BBQ sauce and let them cook for about 8 hours. They will get very tender this way. Mine always fall off the bone.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I put them in the cock pot on low with some seasonings& water and then when they are about done I add the sauce to them and let cook another hour or 2
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• haven't ever made them... i would google it... normally we boil, then oven bake, and then grill! ha!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Crockpot Ribs

1 rack of pork ribs
    1 Tsp garlic powder
    1 Tsp seasoned salt
    1 Tsp lemon pepper
    1 Tsp poultry seasoning
    1 Tsp onion powder
    BBQ Sauce
    Cut ribs into thirds.
    Mix seasonins together in a bowl then rub over ribs.
    Cook for 6 hours on low, in crock pot.
    Baste with BBQ sauce.
    Keep on warm for 2 more hours & eat!
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I throw them in the crock with some barbque sauce and cook on low for 7-8 hours. I love them this way!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The only ribs we put in the crockpot are country style ribs. They turn out great. Cover with BBQ Sauce and let them go!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010