so my neighbors are moving and have a whole buch of garbage they want to get rid off but it doesnt fit outside

they are asking me if they can just go trow it in a dump place but i donno if they will get charge or what they have to do. can they just take it and drop it off their? or where can they go and how much will they get charged? oh we live in chicago in case you guys know of nay place in chicago

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• When I had to do this, I just asked my boss if I could toss it in our dumpster. Could they ask at they work or a place they go to often and are well known? People get mad if you don't ask. But we always had people asking if they could use our dumpster and we never had a problem with it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• A lot of towns have trash haul companies. People you can pay to come pick up and haul away old furniture and things like that.

If not you can always call and find the local dump, if you can't take it there they may be able to tell you where or how to get rid of it.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Just throw it out with the rest, like on the side of the trash can, the trash guys/gals will pick it up (or at least they do here)...
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Here if it doesn't fit in your trashcan they won't take it.

They should take it to the dump. It isn't that expensive to drop stuff off as long as it is allowable in the dump. They should look up the website for the dump and check to see the allowable item list and wheat they charge for not allowable things.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• In tampa, you have to own your property to use the dump.but a county north of here you don"t have to pay.........tell them to bring in to fl......
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They should call the trash company and ask. Sometimes the company will pick it up for an extra charge. Where my mother lives, there are specific days that they will pick up large loads, and they don't charge because she pays city taxes. When we take things to the dump, we have to show our drivers license and pay a fee- I think like $10 a car load, but they won't take furniture- you have to take it to some other disposal place. When I have large items I hire somebody to come cart it away.

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Not sure about the dump but if any of it can be used they could post it on craigslist under free section.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 3:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would suggest the word NO ! Offer to help them and get information. There are alot of people looking for work. I am sure with a couple of calls you could find someone to hire. :-).. Hugs !! This is not your responsibility.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Around here you can load up your truck or trailer and drive to the dump and it does cost and the trash man won't pick up anything not in the garbage can he won't get out of his truck to pick it up. You can help them by putting it in your garbage can or taking it out for them or calling your city to see if they have one of those large bins they use for construction to bring out or maybe extra garbage cans
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• They can have the garbage company bring a small dumpster out for them
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010