Do you believe in dreams?

I keep having the same dream. My fiance is deploying in November and I keep dreaming that he is going to end our relationship before he leaves. I believe that it will happen cuz when we fight he always says that maybe I would be happier if we werent together while he is gone

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Nah.. I don't.. I have some wacko fucking dreams.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, mam, I do believe in dreams, and that they can and do come true. Time will tell if your dream will come true. Best to you.
    Smiles4U430

Answer by Smiles4U430 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Dreams a lot of times are fears and memory roled up into one setting. Your fiance is about to leave, you probably think about that alot, and he often threatens to break up with you whenever you fight, so you dreamed about the two fears and unknowns together. In my opinion, it sounds like either he doesnt care about the relationship anymore, or he might be saying that to test you because of his own securities. I'd ask him why he always says that! If he doesnt think the relationship will last, there's the door. If he is afraid you won't last because of *fill in the blanks* talk about it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't believe that they mystically predict the future. In you case, you have in mind about the break up, so this is what surfaces when you sleep. If it is something that we dread happening, the dread places an emphasis on it, and it becomes even more important and surfaces even more easily. You can tell yourself that next time you have the dream that you'll recognize that you are asleep and dreaming a dream from habit, and change the dream to something that you like. It may take a couple times. but you can do it. Meanwhile, in your life, don't make the idea become a self-fulfilling prophecy- don't make it control your behavior so that you influence what happens. If you don't want it to happen, change your behavior so that there will be less chance that it will happen. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I do believe in dreams but in my opinion you may be having this particular dream b/c of what he keeps saying to you.
    Jenniferdp0525

Answer by Jenniferdp0525 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sometimes you dream what you fear. Like for last night for example. We had a major thunder storm come through where lightening was hitting every couple seconds (seriously) it woke my kids up and freaked them out and when we all got back to bed I though with all these high winds I wouldst be surprise if we had a tornado. Anyways I feel asleep and I dream that a tornado did come and I couldn't get to my kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I meant to write "insecurities"
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Heck no, my recent dream was my husband lost all his memory and didn't know I was his wife! He keeps following me around though!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I do not believe in dreams as premonitions. Dreams can reflect our anxieties. If you are that concerned about it talk to your Fiance. If you can't communicate with him, it may not be a good relationship to start with. Best of luck to you.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 3:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Nope. I believe dreams reflect everything going on in your head be it fears, expectations, wishes, experiences, etc. They all jumble together and bam! a dream. Unless you have "magical powers" or are beyond human I don't find it very logical for a dream to be a premonition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010