TTC after tubal ligation

I had my tubes tied a little over a year ago "long story" I want to have another child what do I need to do? Have any of you ever went through this?

GFXMommy

Asked by GFXMommy at 12:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The first thing I would do would be to go to an OB/GYN and talk to him/her about your options. I hear the procedure can be reversed, but you need to get medical advice first.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• WHAT IS TTC?
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I HAD A REVERSAL IN TENNESEE SIX YEARS AGO I WAS 37 AND HAVE HAD TWO BABIES SINCE TTC IS TRYING TO CONCEIVE IT WAS CHEAPER IN TENNESEE I GOT PREGNANT 2 MONTHS AFTER THE REVERSAL IT COST ABOUT FIVE THOUSAND THEN
    pegpeg

Answer by pegpeg at 12:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I ALSO HAD THE POMEROY METHOD WHERE THEY AMPUTATED PART OF THE TUBES AND BURNED THEM BUT THEY STILL WERE ABLE TO FIX THEM SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY CANT CORRECT THAT BUT IT IS POSSIBLE IT WAS DONE ON AN OUTPATIENT VISIT AND THE DR WAS ABLE TO TELL ME IMEDIATELY HE FELT I WOULD GET PREGNANT YOU NEED TO CHECK ON THE INTERNET IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING IT THERE ARE SPECIALIST I RECOMEND THE ONE IN TENNESEE
    pegpeg

Answer by pegpeg at 12:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I want to wish you good luck on ttc. Do be careful though, it is common for women that have had their tubes tied and then reversed to have what is called a tubal pregnancy (ectopic pregnancy). This can be deadly. Please do some research or ask your OBGYN about it. I wish you all the best!
    Anonymous