Are you with someone who has PTSD? How do you deal with? how does he/she deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't live with someone who has it, but I have a little bit of PTSD myself. The birth of my first child was a little traumatic and it made me afraid for the birth of my second. The closer it got to his birth the more nervous and controlling about the experience I became. I would break down and cry because I was just SURE that I was going to end up violated, betrayed and let down again. I was so scared. I dealt with it by talking about it... a lot. With my midwife, my husband, and some ladies on here who understood. I didn't even realize how upset and traumatized I was by my daughter's birth until I was close to having my son. I think it's that way for a lot of PTSD sufferers... when you are close to experiencing what tramatized you again you get really nervous and upset.

My best advice if you're living with a PTSD sufferer... be understanding and listen. Good luck.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I dont but I am scared that I might be in the future. My DF is deploying to Afghanistan for 7 months in November
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i had that from the dealth of my youngest --- zoloft and meditation... i dont like therapists so i kinda found my own way --- but without Any treatment -- most likely -- it wont get better.. and i am off the meds now and feeling fine.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Cognitive Behaviorial therapy. Google it. You can teach yourself to recogonize the ptsd symptoms and retrain your brain to not obsess about past traumas. You dont have to be on drugs, you just need to be willing to learn how to think differently.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have it. I just take one day at a time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010