Quick ? on ADHD medication

Does anyone know what the "CD" means for Metadate CD Oral? I have been searching the web for 30 minutes in all the WRONG places to find out what it stands for. Thanks!!!

momofdevin

Asked by momofdevin at 1:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Health

• pretty sure it is just another way of saying extended release. Like ER, DR, CR
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i also think it has to do with the fat that it is a psych medication.. sorry i am trying to remember...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• *fact*
    VictinaG

• i was looking it up too and it might mean controlled drug... just ignore me, I'm confusing myself :)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No, definately not ignoring. My 11 YO daughter came home from school asking what it meant because a classmate of hers is on it. I figured it meant something along the lines of ER, CR, but I wanted to give her the correct answer along with educating myself.
    momofdevin

Answer by momofdevin at 1:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE.......I called Walgreen's and talked to the pharmacist........it stands for Controlled Dose.

momofdevin

Answer by momofdevin at 1:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• yay.. good to know!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You need to watch the documentary Drugging of our Children and not give them drugs.
    Anonymous