For moms that work outside the home

How did you do it?

I go back to work Friday? It's tearing me up?

neonangel2188

Asked by neonangel2188 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I only went back part time at first. Kind of eased myself (and my son) into it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• well my son had colic and my mom watched him so both of those factors helped but I admit it is hard but we knew this was going to be reality when we tried to have a baby - Its not ideal but some days going to work saves my sanity - my son turns 3 in Nov - it is still hard somedays to leave him...:(good luck!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• you just do. take it one day at a time. whether you go back to work by choice or by necessity, you have to do what is right for your family and your situation. there's a really good group here on cafemom that can help you through the transition.

mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it was extremely hard for me... but we needed the money, that kept me going, I was making sure she would be ok... and the first paycheck, I felt much better... talk to as many mom's as you can though... I'm sure that will help!
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I went back to work when DS was 11 weeks old. Honestly, maternity leave nearly drove me criminally insane. I work because I have to AND because I want to. I'm a better mom because I work
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Absolutely fine. The babies do better than mom does.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh, and how? Well, the choice was work or live on the street. You do what you have to. Honestly, they always do fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It is hard, but you do what you have to. For me, there was no choice- I have the only income, so I HAD to go back. I did take it slow the first month, but after that, it was back to my regular schedule. The hardest part at first was not knowing what DD was doing, but that slowly got better- getting updates from DH when he was watching her after he recovered from surgery helped. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When I went back it was actually a relief. I was suffering from mild post partum depression and was extremely miserable being on maternity leave. It was winter, too, so I never left the house unless I had to. So work was a blessing in disguise. It got me out of the house and let me have my own identity outside of being mommy and it allowed my mom, who was taking care of the baby, time to spend with her grandchild.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Well i am always home with my kids but i also am a volenteer Firefighter for 3 fire dps my boys friends lost his job 3 years ago and he is trying to find one but it is hard. It is really hard for me because i am going to take my emt class and hope to get a job with that. I am worryed about the right people taking care of my kids. So i understand.
    Amy A.

Answer by Amy A. at 6:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010