Do you have any first day of school rituals?

Today was my son's first day of 1st grade. I made him what he wanted for breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes, and had chocolate chip cookies waiting for him and his neighborhood friends when they came home.

Courtney610

Asked by Courtney610 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I meant traditions, not rituals.
    Courtney610

Comment by Courtney610 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no not really...I take them and walk with them to class. I always take them though but normally just drop them off. I just like to get them there on time..LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I take a picture of each child in the same spot in front of the house each year on the first day of school; ever since they started preschool. It's fun to look back and see how they've changed.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The night before the first day I write him a letter...which normally gets the tears flowing!! I also make him whatever he wants for breakfast and dinner...plus pictures and lots of hugs and kisses!!
    TSR

Answer by TSR at 5:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• just taking her picture on her way out the door..thats it..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• We would go out for ice cream after I picked the girls up from school and take first day pictures before the left.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My daughter buys a new first day of school outfit. I drive her to school and meet her teacher on the first day...help her know where class is. Take pics w/ the school sign and w/ her teacher.. and at her desk... then she gets her fav dinner when she gets home.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I also take my little one to school and then try to make him what he wants for supper.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Not really. Just taking a picture that morning. Although this year I forgot until two days later. I had her put on the dress she wore the first day and put her back pack on and took her picture. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010