Really immature, yes, but do you/did you go out of your way to make your newly ex jealous?

My boyfriend of 7 years & father of my child, broked up with me recently & he is being a real jerk about it andI'm still really irked about the whole thing. Anyhow, we decided to stay friends (we were great friends before dating), but I can't help it, every time I see him I want to do something to make him jealous. I understand why we broke up & we never could have worked it out, but I can't help this feeling of wanting to make him see what he lost.

I randomly met one of his friends the other day (I have never met this guy before, but my ex talked about him a lot) & he asked me if I wanted to hang out. I asked my ex if he'd watch our DD & it excited me to see the way he reacted (negatively) knowing I was hanging out with his friend.

I know its immature and vengeful, but honestly am I the only one who does this & how can I get over the situation enough to STOP (because I know it is immature and not healthy)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• no I've never done that, but I did bump into an ex at the bar a long time ago, he noticed me, and he put his hands all over this chick. I thought it was funny especially when the girl took his hands off her in disgust!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It must be because HE broke up with YOU. If it was the other way around, you probably wouldn't care.

I don't care enough about what he thinks to try. He no longer has that 'hold' over my feelings.

As long as he is a good dad to DD, that's all that matters to me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No. That is just wasted energy. I don't get into spending negative energy. Focus your energy in a more positive direction. Like, say...your DD.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes :)

I proudly strudded in his sisters house where I knew he would be with my new boyfriend when we went to visit my daughters aunt. :)

I also strutted my stuff with my newly thin body and bigger boobs (post pregnancy) while he had to sit there with his super fat new wife! lol

His jaw DROPPED! And it was GREAT!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Here's an idea, how about take care of yourself, and move on with your life like a classy normal adult? That gets em every time!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Only one? No. How to stop? Remind yourself that you are better than that. Sometimes doing nothing is doing the most. On a side note, if you keep messing with his friends, you run the risk of getting a nasty reputation (whether you did something or not).
    van5

Answer by van5 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I used to do it when I was in high school. What you need to do is just stay away from the situation and as time goes on it will get easier for you.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 4:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It is one thing to gt enjoyment out of it happning by chance and another to go out of your way to mak it happen. I think in the begining right after getting dumped it is nice to get the ego boost. Just don't let it become something you seek. Once you get over him this will pass.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have made a newly ex jealous in the past when I was younger but would bother to now at my age
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I did in high school. I was so hurt my first broke up with me only days after I gave him my virginity to date someone I considered a friend. I still went to his basketball games though and made friends with the opposing team mates. Hung out with them and even went out with them. It made him crazy. He came crawling back a few times but I was over it.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010