do you have male friends?

Growing up I always seemed to get along better with males and had more male friends than female. DH says that all men are only after one thing and cant really be just friends. Recently I had an acquaintance with a guy, well really only talked to him a few times, facebooked eachother, but nothing more. I even told him that I knew DH would not like me to have a male friend (especially with him being away all the time) and that I couldnt really have any sort of relationship with him. It ended with him telling me he loves me, among other inappropriate things to say to a married woman, and me telling him multiple times that he needs to forget me and move on, that we cant be friends. In this case I guess hubby was right. So Im wondering how many committed to there SOs women have male friends, how their SOs feel about it and how to make DH trust me and realize I am only wanting friends, male or female.

MamaZena

Asked by MamaZena at 4:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i used to,not anymore

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have male friends. It doesn't bother my husband.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes but they are just that. Friends. Nothing more.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My very best friend in the world is a man and has been for 16 years. My husband has no issue because he knows him. He trusts me and knows there is no threat there. I have always gotten along better with men than women. Mainly, I guess, because I hate catty, bitchy back biting. Guys don't act that way. My best friend and I have been there for each other through a lot of tough time. I was there for him when his wife died of cancer. He was there when I had a stroke. Heck, he was there when my grandson was born..lol. It works for me anyway.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have male friends. However, communications are only via facebook, emails and phone. Face to face things, the hubby is there because I demand it. So then there is no question as to what is going on. My DH doesn't care. He knows where my loyalty lies. And yes, it goes both ways. He has female friends that he communicates with but does not see unless I'm there.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I used to have male friends, but my Hubby thinks of male friends the same way yours does- "Only after one thing!"
    For a test my Hubby and I told each one of my male friends that I was heavier now than before; they either asked how much heavier & hung up on me or hung up on me.
    These were friends I knew for years.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would never ever ever cheat on my hubby, I believe if you dont want to be with someone to be with someone else it is best to just leave and do what you want or need to do. Its not such a big deal to get a divorce now. I am not a sex crazed person either so I definantly would not have such a great need for it that I go looking somewhere else. Ive never given DH a reason not to trust me and he knows how I feel about it, but I know he would not handle it well if I started hanging out with guys. He says its the guys he doesnt trust because they are all one track minded but I dont believe that.
    MamaZena

Comment by MamaZena (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I dont have any male friends and I hardly have any women friends. I know its sad
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Lots of them... I don't have genitalia requirements for my friends...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I do have male friends! Some I dated but we were better off as friends, some i never dated. I did have some male friends who fell off the face of the earth once SO and I started dating, so that really showed me what they were after.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010