Is it ok to loose weight while TTC/pregnant?

I'm not talking about crazy diets or super intense exercise, but if you are TTC or pregnant and want to slowly loose wieght by eating better and exercise, can it affect your ability to get pregnant or hurt your baby if you are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It is NEVER too late to begin an exercise program, pregnant or not!  If you are a runner, you can continue to do so throughout your entire pregnancy without fear, unless there are medical complications.   If you are a beginner, start slowly and increase gradually.  Being fit, healthy, and pregnant isn't just okay, it is  beneficial for both you and your baby.  However, pregnancy is not the time to diet, so if you want to make this change, it is important to do so before you become pregnant.  Healthy eating, cellular nutrition and a moderate/consistent exercise program can keep you from gaining excess weight during pregnancy.

livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• no being healthy is great for ttc aaandd being pregnant. i ate great and exercise through out my pregnancy! good luck... baby dust!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 2:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's only ok to exercise during your pregnancy if you were exercising before your pregnancy. Walking is fine but not running.
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 2:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You mean LOSE weight?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Actually eating better and weight loss seemed to kick start me conceiving. My hubby and I had so much trouble concieving. But when I started dieting, it seemed to be the jump I needed. Although, once I found out I was pregnant, I stopped dieting and just tried to eat better.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes, Anon 11:13pm, thank you for correcting my spelling mistake. I am sorry this confused you so much that you had no idea what question I was asking, even though everyone else was kind enough to over look the mistake I made. I guess that's what happens when you're up late, half asleep, and typing - you make mistakes.  Give me a break!!

Everyone else - thank you for your input.  I am TTC right now but I really do need to shed a few pounds.  I am new to TTC so I wanted to see that if I changed my exercise (or lack there of) and diet, if that would have any affect on my abilities to conceive or stay pregnant if I actually got pregnant.  Thanks again!

Anonymous