Mexican Heather Question

I have never had Mexican Heather and it looks so pretty can I plant it now it's on sale for only 2 bucks and will it come back next yr or should I just keep it in the house til next spring? and then will it come back? Thanks

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It survives Texas ice storms every year. I have some I planted when we built this house 8 yrs ago. It is still wonderful. Nebraska winter are more harsh though. Check with your nursrey. Even if it didn't...$2 is a great deal. You could always pot it now, brin it in for the winter and plant in the spring so it has a long season to establish before the next winter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm not so sure it can withstand a Nebraska winter. I would pot it as a plant that can be moved in and out of the house as weather permits.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• you should buy it now but keep it under a shade tree until the fall..just be sure it stays watered well..its never good to move plants during the hotter months..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010