Can someone give any explanations to my OPK dilemma? TTC...

My lmp was August 13 (I am usually a 25-27 day cycle person).

I began taking Answer ovulation tests last week and noticed a darkening pattern on it's way up everyday. We BD every other day pretty much. Friday (August 27th the lines got darker but not exactly positive- however there was EWCM (I do natural family charting- so I know what is was).

So on Saturday- I used First Response Ovulation Kit- I got the DARKEST line I had ever seen- now doubt about it- it was positive (this was aroun noon). (We had BD in the morning and afternoon on this day). I also- just for kicks used the Answer OPK too and two dark lines...so I figured this was it.

I took another First Response one later in the day and the line was still pretty dark.

Yesterday- I took another test and I got two similar lines - so I figured my surge was beginning to fade...then another last night and it had begun to fade... (We BD yesterday am)..

W

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 5:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What is OPK? Like,...the words. LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ovulation predictor kit

OP, what is the question?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ... Here is the rest to above (the system only allows 900 characters!)

...We also BD this morning...

Then I took another First response today at 1pm and it was positive (just as dark as the line on Saturday was. Ijust took another ANSWER OPK at 2:20pm (one hour and 20 minutes later) and the line is not dark and therefore that one is negative.

Besides all of this I have been taking my temps...and no real BIG change...Saturday 97.8, Sunday 97.9 today the same (I use an ear thermometer and one ear always reads a lot hight that the other ear so 97.8 in one ear and 98.5 in the other? I don't get it!)

So my questions are: What do you think is go on with these tests? DO you think I still ovulated? (If so when?) When do you think we can stop bd? (I'm tired! lol!)

I know this is long... but I really appreciate your help and information etc.

Thank you!

Dawn
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It sounds like you ovulated. If you had EWCM then you are fertile. It should be starting to dry up some in the next couple days.

As for the thermometer, ONLY take the temp in ONE ear and always use the same ear. By the time you go to the other ear, your BBT is coming up and that is why you are getting different readings.

Take a break! If it didn't already work, it's too late now to push further but you can still casually work on it ;)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I totally agree with the girl above. Same ear, same time each day. Give yourself a break and just have some fun now for the rest of the month. Unfortunately, for some of us, babymaking can take a little while and be quite tiresome. When the pressure is off (and you have ovulated) just have fun being together and enjoying each other.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 5:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Even if you ovulated and had the sex (still trying to figure out what BD means! Lol!), it does not mean you will get pregnant! Keep trying and use the kits as an aide to help, but not as the final word! It almost sounds like your getting too into trying to get pregnant and need to just relax and enjoy sex again!
    Good luck momma!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was using those ovulation test for five months since november 2009. Finally, I went to my doctor and he prescribed daily ultrasounds to know the exact moment of the ovulation. For my surprise, the ovulation test were very accurate (my brand was Answer). But it seems that the problem before was not having enough intercourse. When we follow the ovulation with ultrasound, and the doctor said "go ahead from today", I had intercourse every day foy maybe five days, and sometimes twice a day. We had to "work" a lot, but I got pregnant that month... I´m spanish speeking, sorry if many mistakes. ¡Good luck!
    Beba2011

Answer by Beba2011 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010