Phone calls????

When some one you do not know or advertisment calls. do you hang up on them or let them talk? If it some one with the wrong number I tell them you have the wrong number. If it is advertisment I hang up on them.

Asked by louise2 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I either hang up or don't answer in the first place!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If it's a wrong number then I tell them so. If it's a telemarker, then I tell them that "We are not interested but Thanks for calling!!" then I hang up.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't answer the phone for anyone number I do not recognize, "if the call comes while my dd's home."
    And if it's say like Bank Of Amreica with a sales call, (you know the life insurance or Identity theft coverage people), I put the phone down on the counter and let them talk until I remember to hang the phone back up again.
    I do this because I have repeatedly told them I am not interested.
    If someone has the wrong number I ask what number they are caling and tell them it was either a mis-dial or someone gave you the wrong number.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If it's a wrong number, I tell them.

Telemarketers get 2 "no, I am not interested" before I hang up on them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When I used to have a land line with no calling info, I would tell them they had a wrong number. Advertisements: depended on my attitude on the day. Sometimes I would say no thanks and hang up, sometimes just hang up.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a # that you can call from the # you want blocked so you don't have to deal with calls from telemarketers. If they some how do get though I tell them that i a not interested and hang up.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If it's a wrong # I'd tell them that if it is a telemarketer I tell them I'm on the do not call registry and not to call back unless they want to get into trouble
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wrong numbers, I tell them, and I'm not rude about it. Telemarketers, if they are rude, I'm rude right back. For a few days I was getting the same call about winning money and gift cards. But they needed info first. It pissed me off. The callers weren't from this country, and I could barely understand them. I finally got really rude before they got a few words out. I mean 3-4 calls a day for going on a week? I even called the number back, and figured out that I could press 1 to stop the calls, but I still got them. I had to do it twice.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If you"re sick of telemarketers you can get on the National Do Not Call List. Call1-888-382-1222 and register your phone number. If they call after that you can call that number back and report the company and they will be fined. I have had only 2 or 3 calls since registering. Now if I could just do the same with some of my in laws!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 5:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yep
    mamasloves

Answer by mamasloves at 6:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010