preschool

I LIVE IN MAYWOOD IL AND I TRY TO PUT MY DAUGHTER IN PRESCHOOL BUT I CAN'T CAUSE I EITHER HAVE TO BE GOING TO SCHOOL OR WORKING CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS

Tish0624

Asked by Tish0624 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why do you have to be going to school or working? Don't they have private preschools there?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I DON'T KNOW BUT I KNOW THAT CHILD CARE WILL NOT PAY UNLESS UR GOING TO SCHOOL OR WORIKNG
    Tish0624

Comment by Tish0624 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Who will not pay? YOU should be paying for preschool. Public assistance is only for those that need assistance. You're home with him, so he doesn't need to go to daycare. If you're worried about him being ready for kinder, you can start working with him now and make sure to join a local moms group to get socialization. Prek isn't required, if you want to send him, then you need to find a way to pay for it. There's a group on here for homeschooling for preschool... maybe check that out?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You want your child in preschool, but you don't want to pay? If you're home with him, YOU should be teaching him what he needs to know. I start homeschooling my daughter next monday for preschool. She's so excited for it.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 11:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If you are talking strictly preschool...I know that if your household makes under a ceratain amount of money there are programs that you can qualify for whether you stay at home, or not. The program I'm familiar with in California is called "First Five California".

If you do feel up to teaching at home there are free preschool curriculums online. I use the Brightly Beaming Resources website, but you can also contact the school district to get an idea of what they expect a pre-k student to know before entering kindergarten.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• are you looking for state aid for child care? then yes i would believe that you have to work or go to school.
    i'm not sure what you need help with though... sorry!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I NEED TO GET MY DAUGHTER IN PRESCHOOL A WHOLE DAY OR HALF A DAY SO I CAN LOOK FOR A JOB AND I DON'T HAVE INCOME COMING IN AND YES I AM ON PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND I DO TEACH MY DAUGHTER THE THINGS SHE NEED TO KNOW SO FAR AND IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T WANT TO PAY I WILL IF I HAD A JOB BUT I DON'T I'M ON PUBLIC ASSISTANCE PPL.
    Tish0624

Comment by Tish0624 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010