help...mother-n-law

I live with my husband,1 month old baby and his parents;his mom drives me absolutley crazy..she acts like the baby is hers and is suffocating me about it and she complains constantly about us being there and how bad she wants us out. I am the type of person that doesnt like to inconvience anyone or burden anyone;I want out of this house..to have my own kitchen and cook my own dinner and the mom./wife things. When we aren't home she goes in our room and moves shit around and I just wanna scream @ her. My husband is really attached to his parents and doesn't see how annoying she is. It is honestly affecting my husband and i's relationship..recently ive been tempted to leave him and move out..Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Leave! go to your mother's (or friend's house) until he can get his "STUFF" together and find a place for his Wife to live. !!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Maybe you need to "lay down the law" with him... Tell him, "This is how I feel about these issues, and this is what you have to do to fix it. I cannot live like this anymore. Get your crap together, or I am leaving you."
    Have you ever talked to your MIL about how you feel and how much it annoys you when she does stuff like that?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• it's time to move out or give him ultimatum
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• grow some balls baby .. tell the b!@#$ to back off, or tell your husaband if he doesn't you will... she'll get the point...... or he will :) speaking from experience!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i cant stand my mother in law either.... i was living with her while my husband was overseas...well that only lasted a month and i had to get out....id say take baby and tell hubby ur leaving and give him a chance to go with u :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i agree w/ the rest give your husband an ultimatim. Tell him either you will leave him and take the baby w/ you if he doesn't find somewhere else for ya'll to live or you can stay w/ him if he will. if he doesn't want to leave his precious mommy then leave his butt! you are better off w/ out a momma's boy if he is one anyway. good luck and let us know how it goes.
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• have you told him what you just told us? I would tell him you need to move out so you can be a mother to your child and a wife to him. Tell him you are losing your identity there and if he loves you and is concerned for your mental health he will help you find a place to go and now.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Rearrange your stuff? She is rearranging your life. This is the worst time to have someone breathing down your neck. This is the easiest problem to fix. Get up and find your baby and yourself and your man a nice apt. Get out before you say or do something and m-il will have a sob story ready for her baby and you will be the bad one, No matter what she does the daughter in law is the bad one. SO please take it from me, get out of there, fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• om my gosh, been there done that, my husbands mother is a nightmare. i have been married for 14 years and it has never changed. we lived with them years ago while we were waiting for our apartment to be ready, in less than 1 week i didnt care if i had the money or not but we went to stay in an hotel untill the apartment was ready. get out know, it will cause you more problems between you and your husband if you stay. 14 years later she till plays games with us to get us to fight. i could tell you stories you wouldnt well you might believe. but it has taken my husband years to understand what she does i guess you never want to believe your own mom is like that. i understand that but he needs to understand how his wife is to,
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 12:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh man I can so relate. I lived mine and we moved out 2 months later. She would go through our things to and go through the garbage. She would say things that are dumb without thinking about it. LOL we got into this big blow out and I told my guy I am moving back home either your with me or not and he came with me. Even being this far away from her, she still bothers the crap out me when she says things without thinking. I would move out ASAP. If you guys pay her rent tell her she can't go in your room.
    rachl79

Answer by rachl79 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008