A few questions for moms that work from home.

I would like to supplement our families income by working from home. In searching online there are WAY too many things that look too good to be true, so I'd like to hear about it from ladies that are actually doing it. Could you tell me about what you do, how you came across it, what it took to get started and how much money you make?
I really appreciate your time in answering this for me!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 5:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband and I started our own at-home business; it started more as an extention of our respective careers. Our start up costs were minimal, most had to do with fees related to obtaining the licenses required, cost of legal fees to become incorporated, and making sure we were insured properly because of the line of work we were in. We don't make enough to live on but it does supplement our income quite nicely. We are currently in negotiations to sell/merge with another company, which was the main goal set 10+ years ago when we started ... to sell the business for a profit after establishing some history and a full clientele.

I would agree that the jobs you find online may be scams. Good luck to you.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My husband and I started a small quilling store online. We did it because I quill and there weren't a lot of places that sold quilling supplies. We don't make a lot of money but we enjoy it. We probably spend a few thousand to pay for the legal fees of incorporating and stocking the 1st time. Make sure you check to see if you're allowed a home business where you live (HOA's and other considerations) If it looks too good to be true it is. There are many WAHM (Work at Home Moms) groups on line now. You might try joining some of those and getting help through them. One is Mompacks (they are on yahoo). Just do a search and you find more.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 2:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010