I need help with getting some food. I dont know where else to turn

We are streaching everything that we have in the pantrey untill we can mange to get PA or a job falls through for me I Applyed for PA in June yes June 15th i had a pontment on 7/9 the case worker cancled it cause she was sick i did not get another apontment until 8/9 and then i turned all the papers in and they denide me because someone put half of the info under a diffrent case. They said it can take up to 30 days for them to reopen it because the lady did see there mess up. All our bills are late and rent is due yet we dont have any cash whatso ever to manage to put food on the table i have asked my mom and she has helped where she can but we are still with out food. I have gone to the food pantrey this month and cant go back untill 9/9 i dont know what to do. Pleae if you can help we chould really use any help. If you let me know on here if you can or know where i can get help i will pm you. this is embarising for me Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Have you tried the Salvation army headqaurters in your area? Google Salvation army and see if they have a food bank there.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Can you go to a church or is there a place like a Salvation Army type place to go to?We have a place here that we can get free food at a church or Salvation army helps out
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Call First Call For Help by dialing 211 on your phone. They are set up with this kind of information for your area.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• PM me and I will try to get you the info needed.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Go to food bank.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Where are you located? Have you checked with the churches in your area? Do you have anything you can sell?
    Really sorry you have been put in this position by more government red tape.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Does your county have a food pantry?
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• http://www.salvationarmy.org/ihq/www_sa.nsf
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Have you looked for an Angel Food ministry? Those give you a lot of food for a low price, Good luck,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Go to your local DHS office or call them up. Talk to a WIC counselor and see about getting information on food pantries in your area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010