America not the Christian Nation!

I just finished my first blog . I would appreciate it if you can tell me what you think, and if I left any thing out. I have to send it to my friend tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

http://christo-witchhot-mama86.blogspot.com/

So how is it?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My first thought dear... Small red text on a blue background - VERY hard to see!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It will appeal to people that already agree with you- I think it rambles a bit too much and seems a bit ant-Christian to have cross over appeal-not sure of what your target audience or purpose is but that is my general feedback. I do some technical writing and the advice I have for you is to cut that about in half- people have short attention spans and so I would stick to one or point and then touch on others in the next installment. It takes me weeks and re-write after re-write before I have a final copy of a new piece-follow up pieces come quicker and require less editing. People get so excited about what they want to write that they overdue the first installment. Good luck.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Since blogs are merely opinion pieces usually supported with myopic sources, and not credible news sources (especially according to liberals), the title alone will keep me from ever looking at it, and the fact that the author identifies with being some hybrid "Christo-Witch" I can already tell that I will disagree with whatever you have to say.

A good writer is one who does not offend people who reveal their true agenda in the first ten words!! The road to becoming a lawyer is going to be a very long and bumpy one!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• All I can say is that a lot of your "facts" don't match up to what I learned about the making of the Constitution. You might want to read
    The Real Thomas Jefferson, The Real George Washington, and The Real Ben Franklin to get the facts of what these men believed.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I find it to be an interesting topic, but the font was too hard to read.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I understand the red on blue however, like it was said before its hard to read. And you may want to proof read it again for caps, commas and the such.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Really not being rude here, but do you have someone who can edit your writing? The first paragraph has 4 grammatical errors. Not to mention representing opinion as fact. I don't think you really understand the use of colons and commas. I have to admit to stopping about halfway down the blog because the writing doesn't draw you in. It reads like an owners manual or a really boring history book! Maybe you should cut it up into several blogs so you don't lose people. I do think you are limiting your audience become you come off as very anti Christian and seem to almost be condescending.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You know.....I thought the definition of an Internet Troll is a person who uses a screen name that nobody recognizes and pops in with something gross or sarcastic or just rude.......SO, how can you accuse her? She is HotMama....not in disguise and she is not trying to be rude or hurt anyone's feelings. I think you need to apologize for calling her a Troll.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Do tell. What of my original statement was untrue or rude? She asked for opinions. I critiqued. Forgive me, next time this particular person asks for advice on personal works I wont respond. I didn't realize she was looking for ardent ass kissing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• All I can say is that a lot of your "facts" don't match up to what I learned about the making of the Constitution. You might want to read ...

________________________
    I agree with this, as well. I have fairly low standards for blogs being fact based...I see them as opinion pieces. I follow any mom that posts a blog, to be supportive. We all have babies that want to eat.

However, some links to your assertions, OP, couldn't hurt.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010