How do I become more than just a mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In what sense?

Do you feel that's all there is too you as a person? If so, then you need to figure out who you are. What you want out of this life. What you want from the world. What interest you. What makes you tick, what makes you ...you... Then cultivate those things, explore them, take part in them. learn all about them.. expand on them..

Exerience life and all it has to offer..

Being a mom. Is just a piece of who we are as women. It's only one part of us, our being, our lives. We are people on top of that, people with dreams, hopes, desires, needs, wants...ect.. I think of it this way. I can only be the best mom I can be.. If I'm being the best me, I can be.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Staying in the moment and taking every opportunity to love and enjoy life. :-).......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I lost who i was as a mommy, i was dressing the way i thought i was supposed to, and acting the way i thought. I found who i was by going F**K it and doing what i wanted, i dyed my hair black, added purple strips and went and bought the clothes I wanted to wear not what people wanted me in,

i started painting again. I usually paint very gory things, so i just explain to my daughter, its just paint this is not real. and show her how i do usual effects.

you need to find you and do what you want to do.
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 6:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Being there for him/her. Staying in the know of everything he/she does, and never allow them to get away with too much, oh and be more of a mom than a friend.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Being a mom is the most important job you will ever have, enjoy it and do it well! When you are done you can be anything you want to be.

Answer by older at 6:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It is normal to feel like that sometimes. Just stay busy, arrange play dates for the little ones. Enjoy the kids while they are still willing to spend time with you. They grow up so fast.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hang out with friends. Start a hobby or re-start an old one. Get a job or volunteer if you don't already. Do whatever you need to do to give yourself an identity of your own.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I felt the same way when I was staying home, like I had lost who I once was and that I was only a mom. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom, my son changed my life for the better and I am so glad I get the privledge of being his mom. But I was getting so depressed sitting home all day long while SO was the only one working, I felt like I was useless for being anything but a mom to my son. I hated that I had to ask someone else for money and that SO was paying all the bills, and going stir crazy all at the same time. So I went out and started looking for a job. And I found one and I have been working for a while now, and my son has started going to Montesorri School. He seems to really like it there with the other kids his age and I love working, I feel like I'm doing it for him as well as myself and I am much much happier now. I also cherish the time we have together so much more now. I think it was just what we both needed.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Find out what you enjoy outside of parenting. What hobbies, crafts, music, events you like and enjoy them. Hang out with other adults without the kids. Go places with just your S/O or family. Just do what you feel makes you happy outside of parenting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Quoting older: Being a mom is the most important job you will ever have, enjoy it and do it well! When you are done you can be anything you want to be.

She will be a mom forever, so why not find things to pursue now? It won't diminish her role as a mother. If anything it will be beneficial.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010