My mom wants me and my SO to fight.....

I got some couples couseling books to read cuz me and my SO are going thru some stuff. Anyways I was talking to my mom this morning and she asked me if I told him about the books that I am reading. I said no i havnt yet because it might cause a fight between me and him. She said you should tell him anyway just for that reason. I was thinking to myself why does she want us to fight?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a Mother who was always negative when I was young. My husband was in the Service and I'd say " Absence makes the heart grow fonder ". She had to throw in " Out of sight out of mind." Here I was waiting 4 yrs for him to be discharged and listening to this crap. So needless to say when he got out of the service, I NEVER told her when we had any marriage problems at all,no fights, NOTHING.Maybe start to keep things about you 2 to yourself, confide in a girlfriend or someone other than her. She may have your interest at heart, but if she upsets you, just don't tell her. .
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think you should tell him. Their is two in this relationship and he needs to pull his weight as well. Maybe he won't get mad and want to work things out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's really that. So, are you hiding the books from him? Keeping a deep dark secret?

THAT is a problem.

It's one thing to hide a surprise from your SO. It's quite another to not discuss things like couples counseling books.

It's not that your mom wants you to FIGHT. She doesn't want you to HIDE. If you think you need to hide things like that from SO, it's not the right relationship and you may need to put an X in front of those initials.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You and YOUR Husband are in the relationship, NOT your Mom.

You area BIG girl now, do what YOU feel is right for you. Sometimes it is best not to tell your Mom everything. Good Luck.

AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 6:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think she wants you two to have everything out in the open.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Most of those books are written for married couples. Maybe your mom suspects that they aren't going to help you and she wants you to see that for yourself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think she wants you to fight. Maybe she just wants you to have a bigger personality in this relationship and if you're seeking guidance then he should help in this relationship also because you can't fix it alone if you have problems. It takes the both of you.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I hanvt told him about the books cuz I havnt had the chance to. I just got them the other day and I havnt talked to him in a few days
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No she wants to make my life hell. She doesnt support me at all and she is always negative
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You know better than anyone else!! Soooooo make her mind her own business. It's your relationship,not hers. You don't have to explain yourself!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010