Postpartum bleeding? adult content

I had my baby 2 weeks ago. This was my 2nd child, I understand that you bleed on and off for up to 6 weeks, but usually slowly. I was just walking around today, nothing tiring, and I felt a huge gush of blood going down soaking my almost clean pad, and through my pants and down my legs. I completely soaked myself. Is it normal? I don't think so.It is in the first few days but its been 2 weeks now and blood is still really red.I don't know?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hmm, idk i bled a lot longer and heavier with my 3rd but that doesn't sound good to me. did u call the doctor? or a nurses line or something just to check? was it a normal pregnancy/delivery? :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It was for me. My dr said you can pass clots too. As long as the clots aren't larger than an egg and you aren't soaking an overnight pad per hour more than once a day, then it's normal PP bleeding. If something doesn't feel right to you though, be sure to call your dr.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah it was normal. no i didnt call. its 1 am where i live. i'm gonna call tomorrow morning. just wanna know what other moms thought??
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would defiantly call your dr.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It takes awhile for everything to get cleaned out and so forth but I would double check. . Call your doctor and talk to one of his nurses just to be sure. Hugs !!!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I had that happen one time to me. It didn't soak through my clothes or go down my leg, but it did fill up a new pad. I went to the bathroom asap and clot passed out. The flow was a lot lighter after that and it never did it again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It sounds like that you are overdoing it. I definately think that you need to call your Doctor. Good Luck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would call your doc
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 9:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010