Where do I go from here? *A little long.*

So, after months of staying out all night "hanging out with friends" and coming home at 6 am or so, not helping at all with our child or home, barely speaking to me and rudely when he does... the father of my child told me today that he is done. He did this right before I was due to give a speech in class that I was already nervous about. He yelled at me and called me a couple choice names in front of our daughter, which is totally unacceptable. To make things worse he has himself convinced that all our problems are MY fault, and that he has "done everything possible" to try to make it work. Well, I'm not sure when he did "everything possible" when he hasn't even been here.
So, I am leaving. I just need to figure out how I am going to withdraw from school without ruining any future financial aid, as the deadline for individual withdrawals was a few days ago. Where I am going I can't get to the classes I am enrolled in here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to your advisor. You may have to take an incomplete and finish next semester

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hugs, Sorry.
    Just keep doing the next thing. Dont future trip. It will all work out. Maybe talk to your school counselor and there might be some helpful advice there. So at worse scenario if it takes you longer or you have to find other options it will still be OK. It is much better than going through verbal abuse and a life of misery. I am proud of you for making a new life happen....... Chin up and stay strong......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• keep going to school, don't let him get in the way of that too. that's probably what is bothering him, you are moving ahead in your life and he is being left behind. leave him there where he wants to stay and keep moving ahead.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Run, don't walk, out the door with your kids and DO NOT look back. You put up with enough crap. That's it. Talk to financial aid at your school and see what can be done before you drop your classes. Why would you drop them anyway though?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Get the education you were getting and go on with your life. Maybe he's jealous your getting a head in life. If he's abusive and in front of your DD it's time to think about the move to something better. I'm sure with your education you'll be fine, and just maybe one day he'll see he was the jerk by loosing what once was a family who loved him. Keep your chin up and best of luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Okay, screw anonymity. I don't have anything to hide or be embarrassed about anyway. First, thank all of you for your advice. I have tried everything I could and this is the only option left. I refuse to let his lack of maturity affect our child any longer. But to answer your questions, the reason I need to withdraw from this semester is because I am moving out and can't feasibly drive an hour here and back to take the courses I am currently enrolled in. I don't have anyone local that I can stay with, so I have to go an hour away. I am going to continue with college, but it may have to be put off a semester because it's too late to enroll in any new classes. The town I am going to has my college's main campus so if this had happened a week ago I could have done that. Thankfully I have great friends and family who are being very supportive. Again, thanks ladies.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• everything has reason, i believe...you just have to believe. I've been in your situation, and it isn't easy, but you have to do what is best for you and your child. Live for right now!
    Jamie K.

Answer by Jamie K. at 9:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It doesn't sound like he was putting forth an effort to keep your relationship going. Talk to your financial advisor and see what they suggest. Tell them about your situation that way they won't think that you're just dropping out. You need to finish what you're doing at school. Check around before you move and see if where you are going if there just happens to be another college nearby. If all else fails, see about online classes.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010