Body temp.

So, one of my friends told me when you get pregnant your body temp goes up. I was just wondering if that's true? and if so.... if you are the normal 97. whatever then what could it go up too? I'd never heard anything about a body temp going up when your first pregnant... So, I'm just wondering. Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it depends on the woman,everyone and every pregnancy is different.With my last child I felt like I was a walking furnace with my first a freezer!
    stef1976

Answer by stef1976 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I didn't know about it going up when pregnant, but I know it goes up when you are ovulating
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Your body temperature varies from day to day and throughout the day --it's part of your circadian rhythm. As you cycle, your temperature follows that larger pattern.

In some people, who have very regular daily and monthly schedules (going to sleep, waking up and monthly cycles), ovulation is one point in the month that is a peak in temperature early in the day. For people who have big variations in schedules, waking and sleeping at widely varying intervals, and with monthly cycles that change often, it's less accurate.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I looked up Elevated Body Temperature in early pregnancy signs....

It says: Elevated Body Temperature - it's normal to have an increase in body temperature at ovulation. Your basal body temperature staying elevated after ovulation is completed and remaining elevated through when your period should begin can be one of the very early signs of pregnancy.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010