make up advice please.

hi ladies, i am going to be a bridesmaid on my friends wedding,well here is my dilemma i am wearing a turquoise dress (not my favorite color for a dress) well i have no idea about make up, all i do is eye liner lipgloss and mascara thats it,well any advice will be appreciated "specialy for the eye shadow". i have light skin not pale skin mine has a little yellow, brown eyes and dark blond hair, thanks ladies and have a great week.

YAJALEX

Asked by YAJALEX at 4:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I think if you went with out eyeshadow it would look best. Try using eyeshadow as an eyeliner (chocolate brown would look nice), it looks much softer & will blend in better. Some black mascara, blush (cover girl shade cappuccino) & lipgloss in a neutral color and you should be all set!! Hope that helps a little.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 4:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Visit the make-up counter at a department store and ask their advice on colors and what not. It's usually free and they are experts on it.....try Macy's or marshal fields
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• do a hint of brown and gold on the eyelids with a touch of pink lipstick
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 4:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• agree with last response keep it natural to accent your natural assets
    Jocys_mommy

Answer by Jocys_mommy at 4:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• get the free make up advice at Macey's, they are great and you dont have to buy anything, better yet, make an appt with one, right before your appearance at the wedding!
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 6:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Something natural, like a light brown or beige, even a light pink would look very pretty with the dress. Good Luck
    AvonbyAmandaNC

Answer by AvonbyAmandaNC at 8:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• do a shimmery white over your whole lid. then just brush a light coating of a soft pink over your lid up to the crease. do a soft brown eyeliner. (i use an eyeliner brush and eyeshadow instead of an eyeliner pencil since this way blends best for me.) slip on the mascara. do a soft rose lipstick and blush. everyone looks good in pink.
    have fun.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try to stay away from anything too shimmery....it does not photograph well!! You will end up looking like you did your make-up in the '70's!! Stay with what you are used to, just a little darker...so that it does show in photographs. GOOD LUCK!!
    hipmomof2

Answer by hipmomof2 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Went to your profile and saw a crisper pic of you. I am a Texas Certified Makeup Artist  so I just love doing this. Fist off for you stay away from white or shimmer it will make you ashy or sick looking. You need pinky bronze colors, and a soft eye. You want to have a polished look but not to outshine the bride so no heavy eyeliner. Saw your in Texas anywhere near San Antonio?? I would be happy to do a free makeover on you. 
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• used to work in makeup for prescriptives, if you have time before the wedding go to a?chanel/mac/or benefit and asdk for a makeover, its ree, all you really need to buy is an eyeliner or something cheap, they will help you with all kinds of tricks. lancome is good too but is very heavy on the skin
    mauren

Answer by mauren at 3:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2008