• In the Spotlight:

Moms who left their husbands...

How did you know it was really over? I have attempted to leave before and always missed him, wanted him beside me, was curious what he was doing, wanted to hug him, kiss him etc...Many times...But this time when I did it I felt empty and refreshed like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders..my life...I felt kinda happy and free...Did you feel like that when it was REALLY over to the point of no return? I don't desire to be with him...I feel like I am no longer needy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Yup... It's over when you really feel FREE...
    Congrats!!! -
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes, but that old feeling came back - be warned. The best feeling, was after the feeling came back and I could still stand on my own two feet.

Good luck girl, if you need anything - message me.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 2:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That feeling will REALLY come back when you start remembering the good times. Even in abusive relationships, there are some good times somewhere, and you will miss him then. In my case, I had to remember the bad times, and there were more of those than good. When my current husband took me to that shelter, I felt so light and free that I thought I could fly. Never looked back, and I had gone back to the ex several times in the past. He thought I would that time too, but he got fooled!
    Congrats on your newfound freedom! Don't feel guilty for enjoying it!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I knew it was over a long time ago. Took me many years to get up the nerve to leave. I am so happy now. But I have to admit there are times when I miss certain elements of married life. The simplicity - knowing your future - being in the same household together with our child (this 50 50 custody is very hard) having a beautiful house. All these things EXCEPT I was not in love with my ex and the thought of our future after our child was grown scared the hell out of me. It is just hard making a new life and re-inventing myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i still miss my husband...but i feel better without him and i know i made the right choice..you will never get over it over night
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 12:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Sounds like you have reached the point that it is really over now. Only you know when it is truely over, and by how you feel now, I'd say it is over.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• we had been ready to end it for a long time coming. and honestly when it finally happened for the last time, it wasnt intentional... i was so re;ieved. most of my stress melted away. of course i had plenty i had to deal with, but nonetheless, if you know you need to go, look around you and realize what your putting your child through, and is this how you want it to be around him?? my son is the most important person to me...and i want him surrounded by love and happiness, and that wasnt happening with his father. blessed be and i wished him the best...
    solithial_ra

Answer by solithial_ra at 1:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2008