kids in diapers

Is it ok for children to be in the neighborhood playing with other kids when a parent is around but they are only wearing a teeshirt and shoes and a pamper, is that ok or is that cheap looking, even if the child dosent mind does this look bad for the family please tell

HOLLY644

Asked by HOLLY644 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No it doesn't matter when they are that young,it only look tacky when they are out with just a pamper on.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Are you asking about toddlers or older children? Im asking since this was posted in the school age kids group...

If you're talking Toddlers, to me its fine. I dont agree with Taking a child to a store in nothing but a diaper or a tee & diaper but to play outside, its fine. I have pictures of my son at one, and two standing outside in a white tank top, diaper & green hat waiting for daddy to come home.

=) They are babies. & are fully covered, (chest, & rear)... Let them have their fun. but as they get older they should wear clothes...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am only concerned because you put this in the ages 5-8 category ....
    a baby in a diaper and a t-shirt, who cares :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I always make sure that my children are fully dressed. At home, if they want to be more comfortable, then I let them wear their pajamas. They never run around in just a diaper or anything. I guess it just depends on what you do as a parent also. I never run around in my panties, so I don't have my children running round in their diapers... LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't really care. My parents have pics of them when they were little in the country with diapers and t shirts on. It doesn't make a family look bad, the people that talk crap about them do! lol we are talking toddlers.....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i don't think that it is cheap looking because everyone knows that toddlers are messy and why bother to put jeans on them when they will just get covered in dirt or candy after playing
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a question first, how old are the kids in diapers and t-shirts. You have put this question in kids (5-8). My toddler during the summer has run around in the yard in just a diaper and shoes and sunscreen ( he is 2). If the kids that are in diapers are 5-8 I guess I would question why they aren't potty trained and would pay close attention when they played with my child. As for looking cheap that is in the eye of the beholder, to me it sounds comfy in warm weather.
    Andrea M.

Answer by Andrea M. at 6:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i could care less
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I feel that if they're old enough to run around and play (older than 2), they should wear clothing. Diapers are basically underwear - I put them under something. Besides, it's really no hotter for the child to have a little cotton short or bloomer over their diaper.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes sorry I meant toddlers
    HOLLY644

Comment by HOLLY644 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010