How many of you had the Mirena IUD and got pregnant?

I have had the Mirena IUD since June 2007. For the past two weeks I have had all the pregnancy symptoms, nausea, cramping, fatigue, headaches, bloating. I haven't had a period since April 2008 and I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? Maybe I'm testing too early?

oneluv4bree

Asked by oneluv4bree at 2:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I WOULD GO TO A DOCTOR... NO PERIOD SINCE APRIL... THAT WOULD MAKE U VERY PREGO RIGHT NOW. THE IUD DOES CAUSE IT TO DECRESS AND IN SOME WOMEN DISSAPEAR. I HAVE HAD GREAT RESULTS WITH MINE.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• there is a .1% chance for you to get pregnant on it. it could happen though. You need to go and talk to your doctor, because if you are, the device could implant inside your baby. Although i would hope your doctor gave you a test before she placed it, meaning you werent pregnant in june. and it does cause you to miss some periods. if you are concerned, talk to your doctor.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2008