So I drank the last of the Sherry...

And this means I can't make Mongolian chicken; which would have been nice because I have rice!
So I decided to make oven fried chicken. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do with the potatoes? Besides french fries, mashed or baked?
Thanks.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 6:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• how bout party potatoes? not sure but there are TONS of ideas out there, google "how to make party potatoes'... so yummy!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Coat cut potatoes in Lipton Onion Soup mix, drip olive oil on the bottom of a baking dish and cook until tender. Yum!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've never had sherry in my house in my life (because I happen to think it's gross)... so when recipes ask for it, I use other things. Sometimes things like chicken stock or apple juice, other times wine or brandy or gin or whiskey...

Replace it, if you feel like the flavor you wanted...

For the spuds, one of my fave things to do is put them each on a piece of foil, cut into them not quite all the way through, 1/4" apart, and in each slit put a very thin slice of onion, pour olive oil on top or dab with butter, sprinkle with some fresh-cracked black pepper, wrap them up and put them into the oven for an hour -- you can do it on the bbq, too, or even in the fire --for about 40 minutes, turning often. Mmmmmmm
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ew... cooking sherry doesnt taste too good.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There was about 2 tablespoons left and so I decided to try it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010