How do you get

Red kool-aid out of a area rug and off of a toddler? My husband loves to drink fruit punch kool-aid. The children can't have it. Because it makes them hyper and my son mean. Well, my husband left his cup where my daughter could reach it and fell asleep. While I was using the bathroom she got the cup, took it in her room, drank most of it, and it spilled all over her. Plus the carpet. Now she's red from head to toe (her clothes are messed up) and her princess area rug is red.
How do I clean them both? lol! Do I have to let the red food coloring wear off of her? And yes, she's really hyper right now.lol!

elly25

Asked by elly25 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have you ever seen those little mean green spot carpet cleaners. I borrowed my sister after my husband spilt a Large cherry limeaid on our rug. It worked like magic. If you don't have access to one of those, try vinager and baking soda...also I've heard oxi clean works well.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ive been trying to remove a stain like that from my carpet and still not successful
    silvia_2

Answer by silvia_2 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You can try a mix of dawn & sauve shampoo on the rug. It seems to help me when I have stains. I pour it on & let it soak, & then take a scrub brush to it..

as for her, When John did this with RED gatorade, it wouldn't come off. So Idk, You might have to let it wear off.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Will apple cider vinager work?
    elly25

Comment by elly25 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Use Greased Lightning!!!! Treat the area several times and it WILL come out. I use it to get out permanent hair dye in the white shower curtain. If it can get out hair dye red kool-aid dosnt stand a chance.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010