anyone have a SO who stays home?

My dh was laid off from a factory almost 2 yrs ago,after a few months of job searching we decided since I was already working and we were doing ok financially he would stay home and take care of the house and yard and all that goes with it

Asked by stef1976 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby was on work comp for two years because he crushed his hand and had multiple surgeries. He actually enjoyed it and I made us quite a bit of cash!

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• nope but i hope someday i will have a husband that makes enough money for me to be able to stay at home and raise the kids

Answer by nandy90 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Nope. I would not have it. A lot of people in our life would disagree as well.

Answer by SparklingHope at 7:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Mine did for awhile between jobs and I loved it.he makes a great SAHD! We both work now.

Answer by bjane01 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My hubby works from home. He makes decent money. I could not be a SAHM, I love to be on the go. I love the time I get with my children, don't get me wrong. I usually work early daytime while they take naps and oldest goes to PreK

Answer by MomX3LJC at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My S/O has been laid off since Jan 2008, and it doesn't look good at the moment. He may have to retire, but he doesn't want to. He sends out resumes, but between his age, and the job market, he seldom even gets a call back. It's a shame with all the guys that don't want to work and could , here's a senior who wants to and can't.

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hubby would love to stay home if I made more money. Trouble is, I'm a teacher and I love my job, so no SAHD. He's a great cook, a wonderful devoted dad, and I'm not meant to stay at home!

Answer by musichollie at 10:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He's way better SAHD than I ever was a SAHM. Our laundry has never been so April Fresh and his meatloaf would make Martha Stewart hang herself in that useless barn of hers.

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010