our kids friends

What is your gut reaction when you meet one of your kids friends and just don´t like them? What do you actually do?

SusieQue717

Asked by SusieQue717 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I usually try to find out more information on the Child and limit the amount of time my Child spends with them. If the Child is a teenager I would google their name. It's amazing what you might find.
    sunnydaze09

Answer by sunnydaze09 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son has a friend that I can't stand at all. The child drives me nuts. I deal with him. Because my son likes him. He's not a "bad" child. Just annoying and doesn't listen well to women.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if he doesn't respect you in your own house then maybe try talking to his parents about your issues with him
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I havent had too many of those problems... but what I did is make sure that all activities were on OUR TURF... that way I could watch like a hawk and see if my gut reaction was validated.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• umm lol cant help you cause my son is in private christian school and to young for bad friends yet lol but when it happens I will use the tips from here too.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I´m not having this problem anymore, Thankfully... My daughter is only 5, but she is pretty big, and has the personality of a7 or 8 year old... she was friends with a little girl around here that is 8, I couldn´t stand her at all, but kept my mouth shut, she is not allowed over anyone´s house, so that was never an issue... The little girl would talk crap about my daughter to another little girl that they were friends with, and finally my daughter realised and cut the friendship off... I was just remembering how my mom wouldn´t let me hang around any kids she didn´t like, period. I don´t want to do that to my kids... was wondering if anyone feels that we ought to let them make their own opinions...
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, Libby chooses her own friends and forms her own opinions - but with my guidance and supervision.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 7:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• There are bad apples everywhere (even in private christian schools).... LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Here is what I know...my 19 yr old made friends with "the bad apple" at age 10...they both have gone through so many times where they hated eachother and liked eachother and now those 2 girls are 19 and have "grown up together" literally.....and they could not be better friends....I didn't like this girl years ago but have watched her hardships and her growth and love her even more because of her strength to be a better person in spite of the odds....little girls are mean and they grow up and they do mature...thank God! lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I give the child a chance, and if feel the child is a problem, then I will no longer allow my child to interact with that child!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010